A modern horror one-shot for 2 to 6 players, plus Keeper.
There is a radio signal that repeats the same sequence over and over again. Most folks think that it is just an old station broadcast that got jammed. For generations, it has been part of life in town, and for some, it is as soothing as the knowledge of the tides coming in and out.
Now the radio signal has changed and the Hunter’s United Guild is worried that this is the beginning of something bad. They have asked you to help them figure out why the signal changed and to restore it before it’s too late.
They think the signal is coming from the island that no one talks about. The island that no one ever visits.
Join them on a boat trip to the island that could be the last mission for some.
Introducing The Signal, a captivating horror one-shot set in a modern urban fantasy world. Perfect for fans of TV series like Supernatural, Locke & Key, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, or the Haunting of Hill House, this game is designed for both new and experienced Monster of the Week game masters (Keepers) alike, with 14 pages of comprehensive gameplay notes to guide you through the chilling adventure.
Inside The Signal, you’ll find:
- 7 pages of in-depth game beats, complete with story arcs, descriptions, dialogues, and encounter guides, ensuring you make the most of every thrilling moment.
- A Quick Game Beats reference sheet for easy in-game reference, helping you keep the action flowing smoothly.
- 4 NPCs, including 3 humans and 1 dog, each with detailed motivations, descriptions, and dialogues, bringing the story to life with memorable characters.
- Antagonists and Monsters with their own motivations, descriptions, and dialogues, including 2 unique monsters that will send shivers down your players’ spines.
- 5 vividly described locations, each filled with clues to unravel the mystery and solve the problem at hand.
- Comprehensive game notes packed with extra flavor and frequently asked questions, ensuring you have all the tools you need to create an immersive experience.
- A handout featuring page excerpts from the Diary of Elderman James, adding depth and intrigue to the story.
While The Signal is written for Monster of the Week, it can easily be adapted to any modern game setting and TTRPG system, including Dungeons and Dragons 5e. Get ready for an engrossing horror adventure that will keep your players on the edge of their seats!
- New monsters
- Flying monster
- Water monster
- Abandoned laboratory
- Urban horror
- Modern RPG
- Losing a limb
- Body horror
- Death of a dog (The NPC could die if the hunters don’t look after him)
- One shot
- Modern horror
- Urban fantasy
- Monster of the week