When the new Deputy Sheriff, Pat Jones, and her mother, Olive Jones, moved to town looking for a quieter life they didn’t think much of the rumours about Wychwood. A town known for spooky tourism couldn’t really be filled with monsters. There are no such things as ghosts. Right?
When cold spots appear in the house and things start moving around on their own Olive suspects that something bad is happening and call an old friend for help. That friend is your boss.
After working for The Organisation for a while you know that the spooky tourism is just a cover for the real things that go bump in the night.
Even with years of training, you might not make it back alive let alone manage to save everyone in that house.
The clock is ticking.
Is your time up?
The Haunting of Burton Manor is a horror one-shot that takes place in a modern setting, perfect for fans of Supernatural, Riverdale, Buffy the Vampire Slayer or Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. With 21 pages of comprehensive gameplay notes this game is easy enough to follow for new Game Masters (GMs) or experienced ones.
The Haunting of Burton Manor includes:
- 6 pages of in-depth game beats with the story, descriptions, dialogue, and encounter guides to help you make the most of the story.
- Quick Game Beats reference sheet for easy reference in-game.
- 5 NPCs with motivations, descriptions and dialogue
- 1 Monster that is brimming with vengeance and malice.
- 1 Old house with 4 deadly rooms, each one with new ways to die.
- 7 Weapons with stats.
- 1 Handout: A clue in the form of an article in the Wychwood Prophet newspaper.
- Plus ghost hunting gear.
While the Haunting of Burton Manor is an urban fantasy horror game, written to be compatible with Monster of the Week, it can easily be adapted for any modern game setting and TTRPG system including Dungeons and Dragons 5e.
- Haunted Mansion
- Urban Horror
- Modern RPG
- Being trapped in a fire
- Being trapped under heavy furniture
- The smell of gas
- Being stabbed
- Being shot
- Potential dog death (if the Hunters don’t save the dog)
- One shot
- Modern horror
- Urban fantasy
- Monster of the week