A modern horror one-shot for 2 to 6 players, plus GM.
The lake has always been a source of food and fun for the town of Wychwood. Fishing vessels, dinner cruises and private boats are common sights. Apart from the occasional accident, no one gets hurt on the water. It may even be safer than town.
When an abandoned boat crashes on the rocky shore and a dinner cruise fails to return home it becomes clear that all is not right with the lake.
There is something new out there… …waiting.
The Drowning is a horror one-shot that takes place in a modern setting, perfect for fans of Supernatural, Riverdale, Buffy the Vampire Slayer or Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. With 34 pages of comprehensive gameplay notes this game is easy enough to follow for new Game Masters (GMs) or experienced ones.
The Drowning includes:
- 14 pages of in-depth game beat with the story, descriptions, dialogue, and encounter guides to help you make the most of the story.
- Quick Game Beats reference sheet for easy reference in-game.
- 6 NPCs with motivations, descriptions and dialogue
- 1 Monster that is familiar enough that your players will think they know it but twisted enough to be terrifying.
- 9 Locations: each includes vivid descriptions and clues to help players unravel the mystery and solve the problem. These locations introduce you to the town of Wychwood.
- 3 Weapons: each with stats.
- PLUS Comprehensive game notes that include extra flavour and frequently asked questions
- Handout: The front page of the Wychwood Prophet newspaper
While The Drowning is an urban fantasy horror game, written to be compatible with Monster of the Week, it can easily be adapted for any modern game setting and TTRPG system including Dungeons and Dragons 5e.
- You thought you knew these creatures
- Underwater lair
- Urban horror
- Modern RPG
- Death of a child (An NPC could die if the hunters don’t save her)
- One shot
- Modern horror
- Urban fantasy
- Underwater battle
- Monster of the week